After an amazing discovery, the reefer / refrigerated trailer sounds have been updated to include a highly requested change:
By extending the functionality of the wind sounds, the reefer trailer sound can now play while driving.
It’s still a workaround since it’s not a standard feature in the game yet, but until then we can pioneer the sound this way!
Previous trailer mods that activate the reefer sounds from this pack in 1.41 are forwards compatible with this update.
This feature is optional and requires activation by a reefer sound addon or trailer mod to enable the sound.
Important information to take note from this new change:
– This relies on the wind sound to “carry” the reefer sound once you drive, so other wind sound mods won’t be compatible.
– “Noise of the flowing air” must be activated in the Audio settings.
– Due to the way the wind sounds are optimized in game, it cannot sustain the reefer sound at 0 km/h for long.
– The reefer sounds should kick back in once you set off, however.
– The Trailer Noise slider controls the sound volume of the reefer startup noise and sound loop of a new cycle.
– The Truck Noise slider controls the sound volume of the reefer sound loop when driving.
– It is recommended to have both sliders at the same volume (50%) for consistency.
– If you want to take a break and keep the reefer idling such as when you are at a truck stop:
Simply disconnect and reconnect the trailer to reactivate the cycle.
This will allow you to hear the reefer when you are idle or parked. It can be a relaxing white noise this way.
Regarding what the refrigerated trailer sound can be confirmed to work with:
– Freight Market: Confirmed to work.
– External Contracts: Confirmed to work.
– Quick Jobs: Can work, but you need to disconnect and reconnect the trailer to start the cycle.
– Ownable Trailers: Not applicable.
– Pack provides essential improvements to common sounds in the game for increased immersion.
– For over 5 years, this mod has proven to be a welcome addition for both players wanting realism and casual players.
– The mod receives regular updates to cover more sounds to add immersion. Thus the Steam Workshop version is highly recommended for quicker updates.
* ETS2 1.41.1 + ATS 1.41.1. No errors in game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Supported in single-player mode.
* Compatible with all maps and all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so this mod can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
Requires higher priority in Mod Manager than:
– any map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.)
– any AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)
– any rain sound mods (unless proven to be compatible)
The mod features dynamic and realistic sounds, covering the following:
– The ultimate variety of suspension and tire bump sounds when driving over curbs or bumps in the road
– Fuel / gas station sounds
– Door close and seatbelt sounds after refueling
– Trailer coupling and trailer brace rotation sounds
– Nokia phone ringtone sound replacing the hurry up / late music, leading to less stress for the player
– Default common sound replacements, such as the default air brake sounds
– Improved sounds for some AI traffic vehicles, including sounds for Jazzycat’s Motorcycle Traffic Pack
– AI traffic truck and bus air brake sound replacements
– Reefer / refrigerated trailer sound functionality that can be activated by trailer mods
– English UK/US voice navigation variants with speaker effect added and no unrealistic phrases
– Genuine wind sounds
– Real tire sounds for all terrains: asphalt, gravel, grass, and sleeper lines
– Location based sounds of environment
– Sounds for animated objects such as F22 jet fighters and biplanes
– One standalone air horn
– Variable rain and thunder sounds
– The default wiper sound may now squeak only when the windshield is dry
For further realism, the mod may also add official colors to each AI traffic vehicle it modifies for sound, with rarer colors less likely to be seen.
* SCS Software for base sounds
* Drive Safely for sound edits, some sound samples, and for compiling mod
* antonvezdehod and Katixa for some high speed tire sounds
* Darkcaptain for a variety of thunder and rain sound samples
* Deltatristar500 for an external parking brake sound sample
* Grinch for default railroad crossing bell sound rework
* Kass for a variety of thunder sound samples
* kriechbaum for light switch sound and blinker off stick sound
* Vasily EVR for some air brake sound samples
* Zeemod for a wind sound sample
OFFICIAL SCS FORUM LINK
The SCS Forum link below for the Sound Fixes Pack holds all official download links and is open to suggestions and questions about the mod:
SCS Software, Drive Safely, antonvezdehod, Darkcaptain, Deltatristar500, Grinch, Kass, Katixa, kriechbaum, Vasily EVR, Zeemod
DOWNLOAD 60 MB
DOWNLOAD 60 MB [mirror]