– Mod adds more realistic and hard physics for ATS trucks;
– It is now more difficult to drive a truck, “feel” of the truck is increased;
– Changed driver body movement physics, which is now less static;
– Added five new modes for windshield wipers of Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks to match real life prototypes (four intermittment modes, one long, one short);
– Lots of changes was made in truck behavior:
1. Changed cabin weight to a more realistic value;
2. Changed brake efficiency: less overall effectiveness an less effectiveness at low speed (but higher upper margin of “low speed”). Increased max. brakes temperature, increased warm up/cool down rates;
3. Decreased autocentering speed of steering wheel. Decreased truck turning ability;
4. Increased rotational wheel resistance and air resistance. Also, increased inertia – slower acceleration and stopping;
5. Increased clutch strength for more realistic clutch-transmission behavior;
6. Decreased retarder effectiveness;
7. Increased chassis suspension travel values for vanilla trucks;
8. Slightly decreased overall damping force for truck/trailer chassis suspension;
9. Transmission inertia decreased;
10. Added tyres slip possibility. Tyres a little less rigid now;
11. Increased flywheel resistance – RPM drops faster, when not in gear;
12. Increased intensity of engine braking – truck slow downs faster, when truck is not given throttle;
13. Decreased engine compression – truck loses speed more quicker, when no throttle is given;
14. Increased transmission resistance – more losses in transmission.
1.Extract scs file from downloaded archive to mod folder of ATS;
2.Open in-game mod manager and enable “Improved truck physics” mod;
Version history and changelog:
– 05.02.16 Version 1.0. Initial release.
– 16.02.16 Version 1.1.
– Decreased autocentering strength of steering wheel;
– Decreased truck steering sensivity;
– Removed fifth wheel roll angle and decreased its pitch angle;
– Decreased brake strength at low speed a little;
– Decreased cabin pitch/roll angles;
– Decreased cabin weight;
– Increased cabin springing and damping forces;
– Decreased air resistance;
– Fixed wrong, swapped by places, values for wheels slipping factors;
– Lots of tweaking of clutch, transmission and retarder values;
– Fixed bug with inability to stall engine;
– Added tweaked chassis for Kenworth W900;
– Added new windshield wipers modes for Kenworth W900.
DOWNLOAD 76 KB
7 thoughts on “Improved Truck Physics Mod v 1.1”
I just tried the updated version and the W900 just doesn’t feel correct at all like the other two stock trucks. My opinion is your first version just felt good, this one makes the trucks feel light and the W900 loses a lot of feeling more than the other two. I am going to revert back for now. Still love this mod
I have to revert to more light cabin weight, because value in previous version was way too big. I`ve tried to compensate loss of weight by decreased sensivity too. Anyway, there is no perfect physics, which wil suit every needs… Most (>90-95%) of reviews about this version is positive though.
you should add when you let off the brakes the truck starts gently moving forward. I forgot what that’s called
The Peterbilt is damaged by default, no matter how light I press on the brakes, the truck stops dead in its tracks. How can we fix that?
Turn your brake sensitivity down in the options menu.
nice… love it
Well done and positively adds to the feel of weight in motion.