– Mod adds more realistic and hard physics for ATS trucks;
– It is now more difficult to drive a truck, “feel” of the truck is increased;
– Changed driver body movement physics, which is now less static;
– Added five new modes for windshield wipers of Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks to match real life prototypes (four intermittment modes, one long, one short);
– Lots of changes was made in truck behavior:
1. Changed cabin weight to more realistic value;
2. Changed brake efficiency: less overall effectiveness an less effectiveness at low speed (but higher upper margin of “low speed”). Increased max. brakes temperature, increased warm up/cool down rates;
3. Decreased steering wheel angle/speed resistance. Decreased truck turning ability at high speed. Increased truck turning ability at low speed;
4. Increased rotational wheel resistance and air resistance. Also increased inertia – slower acceleration and stopping;
5. Added roll angle to fifth wheel;
6. Increased chassis suspension travel values for vanilla trucks;
7. Increased damping force for truck/trailer suspensions;
8. Added tyres slip possibility. Tyres less rigid now;
9. Increased flywheel resistance – RPM drops faster, when not in gear;
10. Increased intensity of engine braking – truck slow downs faster, when truck is not given throttle;
11. Decreased clutch strength.
1.Extract scs file from downloaded archive to mod folder of ATS;
2.Open in-game mod manager and enable “Improved truck physics” mod;
DOWNLOAD 72 KB
9 thoughts on “Improved Truck Physics Mod v 1.0”
Very good mod physics…., thx
Do need to enable ffb? Can it be used with the g27 plugin?
Seems to work with it fine after finally testing. Thank you.
Thanks for this, I am going to give it a shot, it sounds awesome.
Seems nice.. but where is the video? I see almost every mods includes a video.
where is yours?
Its a good mod, but it doesn’t work good with the traffic pack by JazzyCat?
There is 1 truck in traffic that drives 5 miles a hour, and the breaking lights are continous on.
Its maybe my fault that its f*cking up but i thought i report it to you guys!
Very good, but steering is too sensitive at 40-50 and it’s way too hard at 70. Make the steering slower at 40-50 and a bit faster at 60-70.
This is the cat’s ###, Man. Makes cruising more of a challenge and fun.