Pack provides improvements to common sounds in the game, making them
feel more immersive and real.
The goal of the mod is to make the game’s sounds feel like real life!
Requires higher priority than map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.),
AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs) and AI traffic
density/behavior mods (e.g. Piva’s traffic density mod)!
CHANGELOG v17.8, v17.9
Partial simulation of Driver Alert Support (or lane departure warning system) enabled for all trucks based on Kenworth T680’s technology. If drifting off onto the dirt/gravel at extremely high speeds or onto the grass at high speeds, acoustic warning will sound. [ATS edition]
1 new BNSF train sound added to array. [ATS edition]
1 new forest ambience sound.
Fixed lift axle interior sound duration.
Changed switch sound for lift axle interior sound.
Some quiet truck service ambience added to array for truck dealers Peterbilt and Kenworth. [ATS edition]
Lowered volume for one of the external suspension sounds.
— Modding changes —
1) If you have Piva’s traffic density mod enabled in lower priority,
then you will get more realistic sound ranges for all AI traffic as a
For example, just like in real life, you can still hear the quiet
sound of a vehicle from at least 100 metres away!
This feature is only available for traffic behavior mods to allow for
“separation of concerns” and minimize mod conflicts. It is not
enabled in the Sound Fixes Pack.
If you would like to plugin or include this feature in your own
traffic behavior mod, simply include this line into your
Make sure Sound Fixes Pack has higher priority in Mod Manager!
2) Separate SUI file enabled for raindrop config -_ now easier to
change raindrop config without potential conflicts with Sound Fixes
## 1. Tire / Tyre sounds
* Real interior + exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab
depending on how fast you are accelerating and what speed you are in,
giving a feel for your sense of speed.
* Heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
## 2. Suspension sounds
* Light and medium impacts to suspension can trigger cabin squeaking
and movement sounds of the cabin.
* Hard impacts can trigger key swinging sounds in interior view.
## 3. Gameplay / UI sounds
* “Late music” replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume of
this sound depends on Music volume in the in-game Audio settings).
* “Bing bong” chime for train and ferry loading screen sounds.
* Reduced volume of garage door sound, adviser message sound and
* New quiet photo camera sound effect for screenshots.
## Fuel / Gas station sounds
* Retro/historic ding sound for while the fuel is pumping (circa 1960s
to 1970s). The number of dings can help give you an idea on how much
* Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click and key
insertion sound effects for after refueling to a full tank.
## Interior sounds
* Real stick/switch/button sounds for: parking brake, hazard light,
wiper stick, light switch and blinker / indicator / turn signal.
* Retarder sound changed to real retarder sound.
* Real rumblestrip sound.
* Lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive on to
the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations).
* Lift axle sound now includes button press sound effect.
* Pattering of rain on windshield audible in the cabin during heavy
* At high speeds, wind will sound slightly faster.
* Mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding
sounds. Can be heard when you have damaged the transmission and/or
## Trailer sounds
* Real sound effects for trailer coupling + uncoupling.
* Included air brake hose deattachment sound when uncoupling.
## AI Traffic sounds
* More refined generic AI traffic car sounds. Less buzz noise and more
tire sounds and quiet engine sounds.
* AI traffic vehicles given new horn sounds. Depending on the patience
of the driver, a short or long honk may be used.
* AI traffic trucks/buses given more variations of sounds (turbo,
engines, gear changes).
* Variety of engine sounds for several vehicles (e.g. motorbike sounds
for motorbikes) in various AI Traffic mods and in stock trucks from
the original game.
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing
by you in the oncoming lane.
## Mover sounds
* Louder volume and reworked audio for a vast amount of moving objects
including biplanes, trains (included train horns) etc.
* Enabled sound for a vast amount of movers that don’t originally come
with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighters, ocean waves, tugboats, hot air
balloons, you name it!).
## Location based ambience
* Prefab (i.e. company and delivery point) soundscape enhanced for
American Truck Simulator (includes both daytime and nighttime
* Tunnel sounds for some large tunnels. [ETS2 edition]
* Suitable volumes and sounds of environmental ambience for various
* Some suitable sounds included for various companies and delivery
* ETS2 1.25.3 and 184.108.40.206 + ATS 1.4.x. and ATS 1.5.x. No errors in
game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Compatible with all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so can be used with an
unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.7 (provides
realistic thunder + exterior rain sounds). Both mods can be enabled at
the same time. Check the load order image included for more details.
* If using any of Grimes’ seasonal mods, place the seasonal mod with
higher priority than the Sound Fixes Pack for a more accurate seasonal
* If using winter mods, please enable Frosty Winter Weather Sound
addon from Options folder of Sound Fixes Pack for winter sounds.
SET TIRE AND WIND VOLUME
Wind or tire noise too loud? No problem. You can configure its volume
using these developer commands. Syntax is as follows:
s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
* SCS Software for base sounds
* Drive Safely for pitch, reverberation and sound edits, some sound
samples, and for compiling mod
* antonvezdehod, Ludmilla and Katixa/Irreo for some tire sounds
* Balamut for some key swing and light suspension sounds
* AlexeyP for some trailer coupling and fuel pump sounds
* nIGhT-SoN for raindrop definitions